VeeTee Broken Basmati Rice contains rice grains broken during the harvesting or milling stage. These broken rice grains can be used in a variety of ways, such as blending with other grains, and can be cooked in exactly the same way as normal rice.
One 20kg paper sack of VeeTee Supreme Broken Basmati Rice will make around 333 rice portions. Why not try using it to make rice pudding?
Milled and packed in the UK.
Store in a cool, dry place.
Broken Basmati rice (100%).
On the Hob: Allow 60g (2oz) of rice per person.
1. Place the rice in a bowl of cold water for 30 minutes.
2. Rinse through with cold running water and place in a large pan with twice the amount of cold water.
3. Add salt if desired and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until the water has been absorbed. Avoid uncovering or stirring the rice.
4. Remove from the heat, keep covered and leave to stand for 5 minutes.
5. Fluff through with a fork and serve immediately.