Basmati rice is an ancient Sanskrit word for "the fragrant one", or "Queen of Fragrance" in Hindi, thanks to its aromatic smell.
VeeTee Supreme produces wonderfully fluffy and light rice grains on cooking, making it a firm family favourite.
A 20kg bag is an ideal product for large families of rice eaters, or for catering and large special events, whilst the reclosable zipper on the back retains the quality and fresh taste that you would expect from VeeTee Supreme.
Milled and packed in the UK.
Store in a cool, dry place.
Traditional Basmati rice (100%).
On the Hob: Allow 60g (2oz) of rice per person.
1. Place the rice in a bowl of cold water for 30 minutes.
2. Rinse through with cold running water and place in a large pan with twice the amount of cold water.
3. Add salt if desired and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until the water has been absorbed. Avoid uncovering or stirring the rice.
4. Remove from the heat, keep covered and leave to stand for 5 minutes.
5. Fluff through with a fork and serve immediately.