Similarly to Champagne, Badshah Basmati Rice only grows in a specific region - at the foothill of the Himalayan mountains.
Our popular 20kg pack is the perfect sized bag for caterers as each plastic sack contains around 333 servings. The pack also has a handy resealable push-close zip, which makes dispensing, resealing and measuring out rice that bit easier.
Perfect with your deliciously sweet meethe chawal!
Milled and packed in the UK.
Store in a cool, dry place.
On the Hob: Allow 60g (2oz) of rice per person.
1. Place the rice in a bowl of cold water for 30 minutes.
2. Rinse through with cold running water and place in a large pan with twice the amount of cold water.
3. Add salt if desired and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until the water has been absorbed. Avoid uncovering or stirring the rice.
4. Remove from the heat, keep covered and leave to stand for 5 minutes.
5. Fluff through with a fork and serve immediately.