Badshah Basmati Rice hails from a particular region of the Punjab, at the foothills of the Indian Himalayan mountains. The unique climate is the only place that pure, authentic basmati rice can be grown.
This 1kg pack creates around 16 servings, making it the best size pack for small families. The pack has an easy resealable sticky label making it easy to seal and reuse time and time again, whilst the easy-storage block-bottom pack format makes it easy to store upright in your food cupboard.
If you're looking for recipe ideas, why not head over to our Badshah Basmati Facebook page for regular recipe ideas and tips?
Milled and packed in the UK.
Store in a cool, dry place.
On the Hob: Allow 60g (2oz) of rice per person.
1. Place the rice in a bowl of cold water for 30 minutes.
2. Rinse through with cold running water and place in a large pan with twice the amount of cold water.
3. Add salt if desired and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until the water has been absorbed. Avoid uncovering or stirring the rice.
4. Remove from the heat, keep covered and leave to stand for 5 minutes.
5. Fluff through with a fork and serve immediately.