Vasumati or basmati as it’s popularly known today is the undisputed ‘Queen of Rice'. In ancient Sanskrit text 'Vas' means aroma. Basmati is known for its long, elegant and aromatic grains with fluffy texture on cooking.
The aromatic flavour of our rice is full of delicious taste and an essence tempting enough to captivate the attention of all rice lovers.
Easy to handle packaging is guaranteed with Ashoka's handle and zip lock technique. Our 5kg provides 83 servings per bag and makes the perfect ingredient for Mughali cuisines.
Milled and packed in the UK.
Store in a cool dry place.
On the Hob: Allow 60g (2oz) of rice per person.
1. Place the rice in a bowl of cold water for 30 minutes.
2. Rinse through with cold running water and place in a large pan with twice the amount of cold water.
3. Add salt if desired and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until the water has been absorbed. Avoid uncovering or stirring the rice.
4. Remove from the heat, keep covered and leave to stand for 5 minutes.
5. Fluff through with a fork and serve immediately.