We have carefully selected Ashoka basmati rice to provide an exquisite aroma and taste. Each grain separates individually on cooking, creating a delicate and fluffy texture. Ashoka Basmati rice is the ideal accompaniment to all your dishes.
Ashoka basmati rice is distinguished by its extra-long rice grains, with a smooth texture and firmness. For convenience, it’s packed in strong plastic sacks with an easy push-close zip, handy for measuring out your portions, and a handle for easy carrying.
A 10kg pack contains approximately 166 portions of rice, perfect for medium to large families.
Milled and packed in the UK.
Store in a cool dry place.
On the Hob: Allow 60g (2oz) of rice per person.
1. Place the rice in a bowl of cold water for 30 minutes.
2. Rinse through with cold running water and place in a large pan with twice the amount of cold water.
3. Add salt if desired and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until the water has been absorbed. Avoid uncovering or stirring the rice.
4. Remove from the heat, keep covered and leave to stand for 5 minutes.
5. Fluff through with a fork and serve immediately.