VeeTee Broken Basmati Rice contains fragmented rice grains which are broken during the milling process of VeeTee Supreme Basmati Rice.
Broken rice, when cooked, is a lot softer than full-sized grains, so can be used to thicken soups. A 20kg paper sack is ideal for catering companies, or larger households and can make approx. 333 servings.
Milled and packed in the UK.
Store in a cool, dry place.
Broken Basmati Rice (100%).
On the Hob: Allow 60g (2oz) of rice per person.
1. Place the rice in a bowl of cold water for 30 minutes.
2. Rinse through with cold running water and place in a large pan with twice the amount of cold water.
3. Add salt if desired and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until the water has been absorbed. Avoid uncovering or stirring the rice.
4. Remove from the heat, keep covered and leave to stand for 5 minutes.
5. Fluff through with a fork and serve immediately.