Well-known for its excellent quality, delicate aroma and strong nutty taste, Ashoka Basmati Rice is a good quality rice, delivering reliable results every time. It has an authentic fragrance typical of quality basmati rice, and stays firm yet free-flowing when cooked, just like rice you would find in any good restaurant.
The bag's easy zip lock closure makes life a little easier, whilst each 20kg pack creates around 333 servings. Suitable for bigger families and a best buy during the festive seasons.
Milled and packed in the UK.
Store in a cool dry place.
On the Hob: Allow 60g (2oz) of rice per person.
1. Place the rice in a bowl of cold water for 30 minutes.
2. Rinse through with cold running water and place in a large pan with twice the amount of cold water.
3. Add salt if desired and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until the water has been absorbed. Avoid uncovering or stirring the rice.
4. Remove from the heat, keep covered and leave to stand for 5 minutes.
5. Fluff through with a fork and serve immediately.